Tuesday, August 7, 2012

What The Olympic Medals Look Like Up Close

I'm not an Olympian, so I can only see the medals from afar. At this moment theres about 4000 miles between me and a 2012 olympic medal. So it is nice to see these up close.








They are awesome even up close.

Specifications from the London 2012 Olympic website:

Medal specification

- The London 2012 Olympic medals weigh 375-400g, are 85mm in diameter and 7mm thick.
- The gold medal is made up of 92.5% silver and 1.34% gold, with the remainder copper (a minimum of 6g of gold).
- The silver medal is made up of 92.5% silver, with the remainder copper.
- The bronze medal is made up of 97.0% copper, 2.5% zinc and 0.5% tin.

If you're in London at this time, you can see the medals on display at the British Museum. Fro more information about the London medals visit the London site.

I want one of these. I'll go run now. 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...